CCOC is an innovative and award-winning non-profit landlord and a recognized affordable housing leader with over 50 properties located in downtown Ottawa providing nearly 1,600 affordable homes. For over 40 years, CCOC has created, maintained and promoted housing for low and moderate income people.
Cahdco is CCOC’s non-profit real estate development corporation. Cahdco combines the affordable housing experience and resources of CCOC with a team of development, construction, and project management experts. Current Cahdco clients include the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa, Multifaith Housing Initiative, Ottawa Salus, St. Patrick’s Home and the Youth Services Bureau.
Are you the right fit for our team? Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong organizational skills and project management experience who is comfortable with complex projects, big numbers and tight deadlines. The candidate has experience with Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project. Familiarity with affordable housing and environmentally sustainable energy-efficient design and construction is also an asset.
Does this sound like you? Apply to be our next Project Coordinator today! CCOC is a progressive employer of choice that values diversity, collaboration, inclusive and open decision-making, innovation, creativity, and sustainability in all that we do.
Compensation: Starting wage between $45,340 and $53,209. Maximum compensation for this position is $61,078 per year.
Benefits: Extended health care, dental and eyewear, OMERS pension.
Application deadline: 3:00 pm Friday, June 25, 2021
It is CCOC’s goal to be an inclusive organization and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. We, therefore, actively seek to recruit candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community, persons with disabilities and women.
Preference will be given to candidates with skills in additional languages, and candidates with personal or professional experience with marginalized communities.
Forward resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. Your cover letter should specifically address how you meet the education, experience, competencies and skills listed in this job description. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require accommodation during the interview process, please advise us when initially contacted.
A pdf version of this job description can be found here.
Development Project Coordinator
Reports To: Project Manager
The Development Project Coordinator assists the Project Manager in planning, implementation, and tracking of real estate development projects, in particular affordable housing, on behalf of both Cahdco and CCOC. The Development Project Coordinator provides clerical and administrative assistance as needed.
Responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list)
Assists with the management of the feasibility, planning, financing, and construction of real estate development project, as outlines below:
- Project Management – prepare the document used to track the scope, schedule, and budget (key performance indicators) assist in monitoring them throughout the phases of the project; aid in the creation a detailed work plan and schedule that identifies and sequences project activities; create and update timely and detailed project reports
- Project Feasibility – analyses potential property and development sites for acquisition; develop draft pro forma models for project financial feasibility; support the preparation and processing of planning applications; draft feasibility reports to share with clients
- Project Financials – prepare project paperwork and documentation including project invoices and purchase orders; draft project funding application and ensure submissions are complete; assist in financial draws from project funding sources; assist in the development and tracking of project budget including capital budget, operational budget, and project cash flow projections
- Procurement – assist in the procurement and monitoring of project team members and consultants
- Stakeholder Coordination – coordinate and organize events and meetings for clients, the public, business partners, and peers; coordinate tasks and meetings with consultants;
- Communicating and Reporting – Prepare and write professional documents, including feasibility reports, business cases, funding proposals, financing applications, project charters, and project progress reports; undertake regular communication by email, in-person meetings, phone calls; manage electronic and physical files to ensure all project information is organized, appropriately documented, and secure; create presentations slides and talking points as required; take transparent and accurate minutes and prepare final overview and record of the meeting
Provides Clerical and Administrative Support to the Development Department and Cahdco as needed, as outlined below:
- Providing research and solutions to general inquires of the department
- Providing clerical support to the development team by assisting with paperwork and documentation, including invoicing, purchase orders, scheduling, processing supplier/contractor invoices
- Providing administrative help with corporate records and archival material
- Maintaining client relations
- Organizing meetings between clients and the Development Department staff
Performs other duties as may be required by the Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Director of Housing Development or the Executive Director.
This position supports the work of Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation, Centretown Citizens Housing Co-operative and Cahdco (Centretown Affordable Housing Development Corporation).
Education and Experience
- Completion of a four-year technical degree
- Three months of related work experience
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
- Experience in the fields of architecture, real estate development or municipal planning is considered an asset
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Projects
- Knowledge of Google Suite is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite is considered an asset
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset