CCOC is looking for a Development Support to assist in creating new affordable housing for both CCOC and its development corporation, Cahdco. This is a two-year term position with possibility of renewal.
CCOC is an innovative and award-winning non-profit landlord and a recognized affordable housing leader with over 50 properties located in downtown Ottawa providing nearly 1,600 affordable homes. For over 40 years, CCOC has created, maintain and promoted housing for low and moderate income people.
Cahdco is CCOC’s non-profit real estate development corporation. Cahdco combines the affordable housing experience and resources of CCOC with a team of development, construction, and project management experts. Current Cahdco clients include the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa, Carefor Community and Health Services, Convivium, King’s Daughters and Sons, Multifaith Housing Initiative, Ottawa Salus, Sandy Hill Community Health Centre, Sandy Hill Housing Co-Operative, and the Youth Services Bureau.
Development Support staff act as project coordinators assisting in the planning and implementation of affordable housing and mixed use social-purpose real estate projects. Development Support staff are self-starters with strong organizational skills and project management experience who are comfortable with complex projects, big numbers and tight deadlines.
Development Support staff are employees of CCOC, but work as part of the Cahdco team to support the CCOC development committee and board of directors & the Cahdco board of directors in planning for new affordable housing.
Download a complete job description.
Forward resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line
Application deadline: 5:00 pm Thursday, November 2, 2017
Reports to: Project Manager
Salary: $39,981 per year
The Development Support is responsible to the Project Manager and provides clerical and administrative assistance to the Development department, including Cahdco and CCOC. The Development Support works as part of a team, providing assistance with various aspects of project management administration.
(This is not an exhaustive list)
1. Assists with Project Management Administration by:
- Assisting with paperwork and documentation for development and construction projects, including invoicing, purchase orders, minutes, and scheduling;
- Organizing events and meetings with clients and the public;
- Assisting in the preparation of client reports, proposals and funding applications; and
- Providing research and solutions to general inquires of the department.
2. Provides Clerical and Administrative Assistance to the Development Department and Cahdco by:
- Providing clerical support to the development team. Assisting with paperwork and documentation for development department and Cahdco office. Including invoicing, purchase orders, scheduling;
- Performing all general office duties including but not limited to, word processing, photo-copying, mailing, filing, etc.;
- Processing supplier/contractor invoices, assigning to appropriate accounts, recording pertinent information for reference, and forwarding to the Director of Housing Development;
- Recording and distributing the minutes of department, committee and board meetings;
- Providing administrative help with corporate records and archival material;
- Organizing and managing records of correspondents;
- Engaging and informing clients or guests of the development office;
- Answering phones as back up for voicemail or for general inquiries;
- Managing the mail out functions, courier pickup and delivery;
- Performing beginning/end of day tasks to secure the office;
- Keeping front/waiting area of the office clean and tidy;
- Maintaining client relations;
- Organizing meetings between clients and the Development Department staff;
- Acting as recording secretary for office staff meetings;
- Administering the Cahdco website and blog; and
- Researching and deploying productivity innovations.
3. In coordination with staff at the head office of CCOC, manages the office supplies and equipment by:
- Ordering all office supplies;
- Ensuring maintenance of office equipment;
- Providing initial response to IT issues; and
- Maintaining records of office equipment.
4. Performs other duties as may be required by the Project Manager, Director of Housing Development or Executive Director.
This position supports the work of Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation, Centretown Citizens Housing Co-operative and Cahdco (Centretown Affordable Housing Development Corporation).
- Post-secondary education in construction management, engineering, planning, architecture or real estate development with relevant experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (OneNote, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent writing skills (English)
Preference Given to Candidates With:
- Familiarity with affordable housing and environmentally sustainable energy-efficient design and construction
- Familiarity with construction project management practices
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, computer aided design or Google Sketch Up
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Summary of Benefits and Eligibility
||earned at 1.25 to 2.667 days/month
||earned at 1.25 days/month (15 days/year)
||earned at 0.1667 days/month (2 days/year)
|Other leave with pay (birthday, jury, etc.)
|EI Sub-Plan – compassionate leave top up
||after one year of employment as a regular employee (up to 8 wks)
|EI Sub-Plan – medical/parental leave top up
||after one year of employment as a regular employee
|Group Insurance (Long term disability/drug plan )
||after 6 months
|Supplementary Medical Plan (dental /eyewear)
||after initial probation or 6 months
|EAP – Employee Assistance Plan
||after initial probation or 6 months
||mandatory for all regular employees