Cahdco is excited to announce our participation in ONPHA’s upcoming workshop on developing community housing. On May 11th from 1pm-4pm EDT, Cahdco President Graeme Hussey and Project Manager Anna Froehlich will be joining other leading community housing experts in discussing their experiences in developing affordable housing during a time of dire need.
Developing Community Housing: Lessons from the Frontline is open to anyone interested in how affordable housing gets built. Whether you’re an industry insider, a student hoping to learn more, or a member of a community that needs more housing, this workshop is sure to answer all your burning questions.
The workshop will begin with an overview of the development process for non-profit housing providers. It will walk participants through all the project stages with an emphasis on assessing feasibility and risks and the fundamentals of funding and financing a project. A panel of experienced housing providers will then share stories and advice with participants from recent projects and will answer any of your questions in a Q&A.
Throughout the session we’ll dive into:
- Basics on how to develop affordable community housing
- Strategies to make your affordable housing project financially viable
- Advice on how to fund and finance affordable housing development
- Examples of successful projects recently completed or underway
After this session, you’ll be equipped with:
- Strategic and practical advice on developing/redeveloping affordable housing
- Critical steps in assessing your readiness and risk
- Knowledge about how to develop a realistic project plan
- Skills to find funding for your project and develop a strong funding application
If you’re interested in joining us, please register at this link.